Maintaining your Concrete in Edmonton: Protective Concrete Coating Increases Surface Life
While concrete is durable, it is not 100 percent maintenance-free. By maintaining concrete and calling in the professionals for concrete crack repair in Edmonton, you can extend the life and beauty of your concrete surfaces. Most importantly, you are protecting your investment, which means that you will not have wide cracks or damage that forces you to replace the concrete.
How to Maintain Longevity with Concrete Sealing
Concrete, whether decorative or plain, is a significant investment for your home or business. It is constantly exposed to the elements, including snow, ice, and excessive water.
When you care for your concrete surface properly, it can last for a long time. To care for it, there are a few key steps you must take:
- Identifying the Wear and Tear: In order to adequately protect your concrete, you must first identify the type of wear and tear it will be exposed to daily, such as carts or vehicles, environmental elements, or chemicals and acids. The type of wear and tear your concrete receives determines the right protective concrete coating to be used.
- Repair Cracks Immediately: Cracks that remain on your surface will eventually grow and allow water to intrude under the concrete slab. Contacting a trusted contractor for residential or commercial concrete repair in Edmonton is your best defense against sinking, large cracks, and extensive damage.
- Clean Up Spills: Concrete is durable, but it can suffer from significant stains when spills are not removed. Clean the surface using a 28-day biodegradable cleaner, then rinse the soap away. Doing this every other month will keep the surface clean and bright.
- Restore When Needed: By hiring a professional concrete company in Edmonton, you can restore your concrete surface through a combination of sealers, epoxy injections, levelling, waterproofing, and more. When your concrete starts to degrade or show signs of excessive wear, it is best to contact experienced professionals who have the right materials, tools and skills for the job.
- Keep Joints Sealed: Joints prevent water intrusion, and they also keep dirt from penetrating the surface. When joints lose their caulking, water, weeds, and dirt start to get stuck in between. Caulking these joints frequently can prevent the damage caused by water penetration and plants
Commercial Concrete Repair in Edmonton
For your commercial property’s concrete surfaces, you need a company that understands the work required to preserve and restore concrete; including decorative surfaces. Osco Mudjacking & Shotcreting Ltd has an efficient team that works fast and with minimal disturbance to your routine. We can help restore your concrete in order to maintain safe and attractive paved areas throughout your business premises.
Whether it is a large parking lot, foundation, stairs, or your building’s patio, we offer a variety of restoration services, including caulking, crack repair, concrete sealing, and protective coatings to waterproof the surface area.
Contact us online or call 780-469-1234 today for commercial crack repairs, concrete sealing and protective concrete coating in Edmonton. You can also request an estimate online. Our toll free number is 1-866-661-OSCO (6726).