An Overview of Commonly Used Concrete Repair Techniques
When concrete starts to crack or sag, breaking it up and replacing it is not always feasible. It is especially challenging when that concrete is attached to a building foundation. Experienced concrete repair contractors are trained in concrete repair techniques and restoration methods that are efficient and cost-effective.
Home and business owners requiring commercial crack repairs in Edmonton should work with established companies that have the knowledge, skills and the right equipment for the job. However, before ordering a remedial repair job, you should be aware of the different techniques and methods that are commonly used and accepted as industry best practice. Then, schedule a consultation for commercial concrete repair in Edmonton to see which techniques apply to your situation.
What Techniques are Available from Commercial Concrete Companies in Edmonton
There are a variety of methods used by concrete repair contractors. At Osco Mudjacking & Shotcreting, Ltd. we employ the following techniques:
- Epoxy Injections: Epoxy injections use special resins capable of converting into a solid once mixed with the right curing agent. We can send this mixture into a foundation wall and create a strong, effective bond that is four times stronger than the concrete itself.
- Joint Sealings: When small cracks or gaps appear, using the right type of caulking can help repair the concrete before cracks expand into larger gaps and further complications.
- Mudjacking: Mudjacking is a popular method used by concrete companies in Edmonton, like Osco Mudjacking & Shotcreting, Ltd., to lift unlevel concrete surfaces and sunken concrete. Mudjacking takes a combination of grout and pumps it hydraulically under the slab to lift the rough areas back up and into proper alignment.
- Pressure Grouting: Pressure grouting or grout injection uses a chemical grout pumped into a cracked or leaking concrete surface. It is flexible, expands, and helps stabilize the concrete as well as the soil supporting the surface. Pressure grouting is ideal when dealing with expanding and contracting concrete cracks, or when a slab needs releveling due to sinking and destabilization of the soil.
- Removal and Replacement: If the concrete is too badly damaged or the surface below requires excavation, the damaged portions might need to be removed and then replaced with freshly poured concrete.
Using these techniques requires years of experience and superior training. The team at Osco Mudjacking & Shotcreting, Ltd. Understands and is well-versed in the techniques needed to repair sinking slabs, cracks, and poor surfaces properly. We can assess the condition of your concrete and then determine which concrete repair method is best.
Hire a Local Concrete Repair Contractor to Mend Your Surface
When your business or home requires concrete, contact our professionals for an in-person estimate and assessment.
Contact us online or call 780-469-1234 today to learn about our concrete repair and restoration services.
If you have questions, you can also call our toll-free number at 1-866-661-OSCO (6726) to speak to our friendly, knowledgeable team. We will be happy to answer your questions before providing an estimate for your concrete repair and restoration in Edmonton.