Why is Concrete maintenance and Crack Repair important in Edmonton?
Concrete companies in Edmonton agree that concrete repair should be a regular part of any residential, commercial or industrial property owner’s maintenance routine. And while maintaining your property’s concrete might not be on the top of your list, there are a few reasons why it’s especially important for the Edmonton area.
Types of Different Concrete Repair and Restoration Techniques
- Caulking –Seal up cracks or gaps in your concrete with caulking fit to handle both small cracks and large joint gaps.
- Crack repair –With the extreme temperatures Edmonton faces season after season, cracks are inevitable. Bond cracks and make your concrete structurally sound again with professional concrete crack repair by a commercial concrete company in Edmonton.
- Epoxy injection –Epoxy resins can handle commercial crack repairs of all sizes and create a bond even stronger than the concrete itself.
- Floor levelling –Correct uneven floors or damaged concrete with a self-leveling overlay.
- Grout injection –Grout injection is ideal for leaking concrete. It can be used on wet or dry cracks to effectively cut off the leak.
- Protective coatings –Prolong the useful life of your concrete with a protective coating designed to enhance concrete strength and improve appearance.
- Replacement –When your concrete has reached the end of its useful life, it’s time to start looking for concrete companies in Edmonton for a concrete replacement.
- Water proofing –Protect your basement from water damage with waterproofing systems and products designed specifically for concrete.
Factors that can increase Concrete Degradation
Concrete is a mixture of cement, gravel, sand and water blended together to create a strong and durable surface. But just like anything else, concrete can degrade over time. Some of the factors that contribute to concrete degradation include:
- Exposure to sub-zero temperatures
- Inadequate number of joints
- Insufficient cure time
- Rapid changes in temperature
- Too much water in the concrete
- Trapped moisture
Factors that can decrease Concrete Degradation
Decreasing the rate at which your concrete degrades comes down to two things:
- Professional concrete installation from a reputable commercial concrete company like Osco Mudjacking & Shotcreting
- Timely commercial crack repairs by professional concrete repair contractors in Edmonton